Database Administrator DB2
Our client is looking for a Database Administrator to join the Database Service Operation team that ensures smooth daily operation of very large and complex SAP installations.
As a Database Administrator you will be responsible for the daily operations and optimization of our customers DB2 databases.
Your primary tasks will include:
- Participate in the daily operations of incident, service and change request management
- Participate in on-site duty also on weekends (day time)
- Be involved in consolidation, automation and performance optimization
- Create documentation of operations and services
- Work closely with cross-functional teams across the organization including SAP, Server, Network, Storage/Backup etc.
You will be thoroughly acquainted with the job through an introduction course, where you will learn about our working methods and processes.
You have worked 5+ years as DB2 DBA in an operations role, are IBM Certified Database Administrator or you possess equal knowledge. You have a deep knowledge about the Unix (AIX) platform as well as knowledge on HADR. You have a business-oriented approach to communication and a problem-solving attitude. You have strong analytical skills as well as a structured positive way of thinking. You speak and write fluent English.
You have in-depth knowledge and experience of:
- DB2 Installation and Setup
- Backup and Recovery (Scheduling backup and restorations)
- Performance Monitoring and Tuning
- HADR and TSA Implementation and Monitoring
- Migration and Fix pack Upgradations
- Working Knowledge of DPF
- Data warehouse concepts
- Understanding of AIX PowerHA/HACMP technology
- Aix Shell scripting
- 25 vacation days and 3 sickdays
- Financial bonus program
- Meal tickets
- Cafeteria systém
- Flexible start/end of working hours
- Educational courses and training
Only citizens having EU citizenship or Czech working permit should apply and be considered for this role.