Desktop Support Engineer
You will be part of the Global Technology Solutions team.
The Desktop Support Engineer is responsible for ongoing support of Local Office Systems, Bratislava office and various offsite offices, providing Second Line support for the EMEA Desktop related issues including application support for core desktop and mobile applications. It also includes planning and maintaining of IT infrastructure for offsite offices.
Responsibilities will include providing desk side support, administration, installations & moves, etc providing 2nd line support, in response to incidents and requests escalated from the Global IT Service Desk (GSD). Also cooperation with business users on various local IT projects eg. Websites, DMS, CRM solutions.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or adequate work experiences.
· Minimum of 3 years of IT infrastructure support experience, both general desk side support and supporting custom solutions
· Knowledge of or certifications in ITIL Foundation,/b>
· Knowledge of IT processes, general controls and project management
· Demonstrated success in delivering projects on time, on budget and according to client expectations
· Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Desktop/Server Technologies including Desktop operating systems e.g. Win 7 - Win 10, MS Office, Windows Server, Active Directory management.
· In depth knowledge of Desktop/PC Hardware e.g. Lenovo Laptop and Desktops.
· Good knowledge of core infrastructure components including server hardware, network equipment, file systems and Virtualisation technology
· Good knowledge of application deployment and configuration using SCCM.
· Basic understanding of TCP/IP protocol (NAT,Firewall rules, Routing)
· SQL server administration and other DB systems, Firebird, MySQL
· Knowledge of MS Dynamics 365
· Basic knowledge of MS Azure, o365 and other MS cloud solutions
· Knowledge of Mikrotik products and their management
· Strong customer service, interpersonal and presentational skills, with the ability to communicate technical issues effectively to users and others in IT via verbal and documented mediums.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to follow an incident or problem through to resolution
· The drive to improve efficiency and question existing ways of doing things at a technical and process level, whilst conforming to agreed process governance.
· Ability to manage time and multiple priorities and projects/initiatives
· Ability to continually upgrade Business and technology skills to adapt to new technology management and working practices
· Driving license B
· Fluent English and Czech language
- Interesting monthly income
- 13th salary
- 25 -30 days of vacation; 3 sick days
- Cafeteria system with an annual contribution of at least CZK 12,000 per year
- Corporate teambuilding (winter skiing, summer day out)
- Beautiful offices in the center of Prague
- Profitable & stable international company
- International work environment (14 nationalities in Prague offices)
- Friendly atmosphere