In accordance with generally accepted engineering principles, the Project Manager role coordinates and manages various product development projects through all phases of initiation, engineering, testing, release and subsequent support. Project management responsibilities include scheduling/planning across multiple functional areas, coordinating outside development resources and factored product acquisitions, and providing continuation engineering for existing products. The project manager will own the project responsibility for the definition and clear communication of project priorities, delivering project expectations, and identifying and mitigating issue/risk among a cross-functional project team. All while representing the best interest of the business unit.
Provide project management of internal and external product development projects with minimal direction. Responsible for planning, resourcing, scheduling, cost forecasting/monitoring and reporting on all aspects of assigned projects. Facilitates technical coordination across multiple functional areas.
Provide project related technical, interpersonal, motivational leadership and performance management of teams throughout all phases of the project including resource allocation, task planning, progress tracking and recognition.
Applies interpersonal skills required to lead, motivate and resolve conflict within a project team environment so that scheduled activities are performed in a cost effective and timely manner.
Ensure team goals align with project/program objectives, facilitate team decisions within guidelines, and effectively communicate business issues/directions to the team, project stakeholders and management. Establish and maintain an effective working relationship within the BU and across RA on a global basis
- BS Degree in Engineering discipline or equivalent experience (MS and/or MBA desirable) P.M.P. professional certification desired.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in product development and 2+ years of experience in a project management / leadership role. Proven ability to lead multiple teams, partner with management to resolve conflicts and lead indirect resources. Effectively communicates and facilitates presentations (internally and externally).
- Demonstrated experience in leading product development efforts. Proven ability to direct resources, plan project activities and balance financial budgets. Recognizable knowledge of detailed product development processes. Experience in 61508 functional safety, information security, UL, NEMA, CE, TUV, and other approval agencies is desirable. Familiarity with Agile methodologies, such as Scrum, XP or Kanban is a plus.
Key Points for Recruiting
- Ideal candidates should possess the following attributes:
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in a product development environment and 2+ years of experience in a project management / leadership role.
- BS in a Computer or, Electrical Engineering discipline.
- Strong technical knowledge in industrial controls, new product design, hardware/software, product testing, manufacturing and/or continuation & product life-cycle engineering.
- A multi-disciplinary background in a product development environment.
- Advanced training or certifications in PMI/PMP, Lean Six Sigma, Business Administration, Management, Operations or Project Engineering is desirable.
- Experience in 61508 functional safety, information security, UL, NEMA, CE, TUV and other approval agencies is desirable.
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies, such as Scrum, XP or Kanban is a plus.
- Technical lead on software or firmware (embedded software) projects
- Has Product development experience, not only in systems, solutions, or engineer to order (ETO)
- Experience with Agile, scrum methodologies
- Computer science background
- Working place in Prague
- Full time job
- Friendly working environment
- Benefit package – 5 weeks vacation, meal vouchers, pension insurance, etc.
- Flexible working hours where possible
- Daily use of foreign languages
- Nice office in the city centre, chill-out zone, coffee, bicycle stands