Software Engineering Team Lead
The Software Engineering TL is responsible for leading, building and organizing a software development team in creating software solutions. This manager position is also a technical senior position .
- Provide support and guidance to other developers across all development groups.
- Conducts periodic one on one meetings with his/her team members.
- Ensures clear direction is set for his/her team members.
- Provides support, feedback, coaching and motivation to the staff in his team.
- Provides recommendations to management concerning issues of programmer productivity and software development management.
- Maintain positive customer relationships with all internal departments and external stakeholders.
- Strong and effective inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff. Capable of managing situations under pressure.
- Works with the Managerto to identify career opportunities for team members.
- Responsible for planning of the projects assigned to his/her team. This includes task identification and estimation, resource assignment, risk analysis and technical proof of concepts.
- Responsible for the execution of the projects assigned to his/her team. This includes progress monitoring, risk control, issue management, constant communication about project status with relevant stakeholders.
- Responsible for the closure of projects of his/her team. This includes Pre-Production testing, deployment, training or pass downs, project retrospective analysis, documentation generation related to the project.
- Responsible for making sure that his/her team follows the organization’s best practices.
- Works with the Manager to continuously improve and innovate the team’s best practices and tools.
- Works with upper management to continuously improve the existing code base to remove technical debt and implement innovative improvements in functionality, user experience, security or performance.
- Assist team members with on- boarding knowledge, skills development, and continuous learning.
- Participates in the troubleshooting of technical issues.
- Drives the resolution of escalations and DEFCONs from production.
- Working knowledge of Object-Oriented and/or Functional Programming
- Expertise in development and debugging of front-end web applications
- Expertise translating design assets into code
- Working knowledge of common web development best practices
- Working knowledge of web optimization strategies
- Game development is a plus
- 3+ years of technical team leadership experience directly related to the development of software
- Knowledge of commonly-used management concepts, practices, and patterns
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills.
- Strong level of English - both written and verbal
- Unlimited paid vacation
- 12 Sick Days
- Meal vouchers
- After the probation time - a Multisport Card fully funded by the company
- After one year - a 500 CZK (per month) contribution to pension fund
- After two years - a 2500 CZK (per month) contribution to pension fund
- Training, snacks, company events, flexible working hours etc.
- Great place to work